April 5, 2023Back
Celebrate Earth Day in Pierce County
April 22 is Earth Day, an annual celebration that honors the achievements of the environmental movement and raises awareness of the need to protect the planet’s natural resources for future generations.
Everyone can do their part to invest in our planet. Here are a just a few ways to celebrate Earth Day in Pierce County:
- Sign up for a Pierce Conservation District Earth Day Work Party. Spend 3 hours at a habitat stewardship site in Fircrest or Puyallup.
- Attend the 15th Annual South Sound Sustainability Expo. The free, family-friendly event on the UW Tacoma campus connects community member with local businesses and organizations dedicated to a healthy and environmentally sustainable South Sound.
- Celebrate in Lakewood. Along with info and resources on living sustainably, Lakewood Earth Day Celebration features music, entertainment, food trucks, local beer, vendors, a Parade of the Species and more.
- Attend Puyallup Tribe Earth Day at the Canoe Landing Site in Tacoma. The annual celebration, organized by the Puyallup Tribe Sustainability group, features educational booths, speakers, activities and a traditional clam bake.
- Take part in a Metro Parks Tacoma event. There are loads of special events and volunteer opportunities throughout April (and all year-round).
Find more ways to commemorate Earth Day 2023 at earthday.org.