COVID-19, Resource Center for Businesses
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the EDB has collected a list of business resources to help connect Pierce County businesses to the information they need.
Below you will find a list of websites for news, and resources. This listing is updated as of March 10, 2020 at 4:00 PM. The EDB has also added a tab on our front page for easy access, as we will continue to update our main page with resources as they are provided. You can find that main page at www.edbtacomapierce.org/COVID-19.
Dependable COVID-19 News Resources
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department – Go-to information for specifically Pierce County. You can find overall healthfulness tips, a page dedicated to the Human Coronavirus, and COVID-19 information for businesses.
- Center for Disease Control – The CDC is the nation’s health protection agency and is your go-to for national updates, guidance for employers and best practices.
- Washington Department of Health – The State of Washington’s health department and go-to for state updates and legislative changes.
- The Governor’s Office – Updates and information directly from Governor Jay Inslee in addition to a list of resources.
Business Information, Press Releases, and Other Downloadables
- Employment Security Department – COVID-19 Scenarios & Benefits Available Factsheet and SharedWork layoff aversion program.
- A message from Governor Jay Inslee from March 6, 2020.
- Washington State Department of Commerce information on COVID-19 insurance for businesses and events.
- Press Release for the Emergency Funding Supplemental, to include relief to small businesses.
- Northwest Trade Adjustment Assitance Center (NWTAAC) – Information on the Federal Assistance Program for Northwest Manufactures.
- Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) – Fast facts for business as well as coordinating conference calls and live Q&A meetings with Governor Jay Inslee and other public officials.
If you come across additional information, please send it to us and we will share it.
Contact the EDB
Vice President for Business Retention and Expansion