EDB welcomes new board members
The EDB is pleased to welcome several new members to its board of directors.
Kudos to Nominations Committee members for their hard work and diligence: Jackie Flowers and Herb Simon (co-chairs), Don Clark, Bruce Dammeier, Ivan Harrell, Bett Lucas, Daniel Smith and EDB Vice President of Recruitment Sarah Bonds who staffs the committee.
Bigger and better
Based on the committee’s recommendation, the board approved an amendment to the EDB’s bylaws that adds two new board seats designated for small business owners.
“The Nominations Committee is committed to continuing our work to bring the EDB’s board membership closer to the demographics of our region,” said EDB President Bruce Kendall. “They brought forward an excellent slate of candidates.”
New board members include:
- Odette D’Aniello, CEO, Celebrity Cake Studio
- Ron Debchoudhury, Safety Manager, US Oil
- Curt Gimmestad, Vice President of Industry Engagement, Absher Construction
- Alex Hofeling, President, TOTE Maritime
- Nathe Lawver, Secretary-Treasurer, Pierce County Central Labor Council
- Thuli Lushaba, Diversity and Community Outreach Manager, Korsmo Construction
- Jemima McCullum, Partner, Gordon Thomas Honeywell
- Matt McLennan, Executive Vice President, Shareholder, Kidder Mathews
- AJ Miller, Vice President, Commercial Banker, JP Morgan Chase
- Christine Nhan, Government Relations Manager, Puget Sound Energy
Five incumbent board members were recently re-elected:
- Brian Marlow, National Head of Investment and Fiduciary Management and President, South Puget Sound Market Key Bank
- Don Clark, President and CEO, Sound Credit Union
- Erik Hynes, Finance Manager, Wells Fargo
- Herb Simon, Partner, Simon Johnson LLC
- Scott Jones, Senior Vice President of Operations, Brookfield Properties
A full listing of board members is available on the EDB website.