May 2, 2020Back
Washington’s Four Stage Reopening Strategy
Governor Inslee Announces Four Stage Re-opening Strategy
On May 1, 2020 Gov. Jay Inslee announced Washington’s phased approach for reopening business. This four-phase approach some after the introduction of the COVID-19 Risk Assessment Dashboard earlier this week. You can watch the full press conference here.
This phase is currently in progress and includes:
- Essential businesses are open.
- Construction products considered low-risk that were already in progress may resume.
- Outdoor activities (such as hiking, fishing, golfing) may resume along with the opening of State Parks on May 5, 2020.
- Retailers with curbside pickup only.
- Automotive needs (car sales, car washes, and essential automotive services)
- Drive-in spiritual services are allowed (with one car per household restriction).
- Small gatherings (five or less) to be permitted.
- Overnight outdoor activities (such as camping) may resume.
- New construction may resume.
- Manufacturing may resume.
- Professional services industries may resume.
- Salons and barbershops may resume.
- In-store retail (with proper safety precautions) may resume.
- Restaurants may resume in-house service at 50% capacity following table restrictions of no more than five people to a party.
- Pet services, such as boarding and grooming, may resume.
- Gathering in groups of 50 or less may resume.
- Nonessential travel may resume.
- Restaurants may resume in-house services at 75% capacity.
- Bars may resume in-house services at 25% capacity, with nightclubs and other entertainment remaining closed.
- Movie theaters and indoor recreational facilities (gyms, pools, fitness clubs) may reopen at 50% capacity.
- Retailers may reopen to full capacity.
- Museums, libraries, government buildings, and other public facilities may reopen.
- Standard public activity may resume with social distancing.
- Gatherings of more than 50 people may resume with social distancing.
- Entertainment activities (bars, nightclubs, concerts, large sporting events) may resume.
- Workplaces may resume full staffing with social distancing.
This is an ongoing story, updates will be made and noted below.