Hire Pierce County Next Gen: Young adult internship program
Hire Pierce County Next Gen offers paid internships to young adults ages 16-24, made possible through Pierce County American Rescue Plan funding.
The program provides valuable work experience to Pierce County’s next generation of workforce talent and helps businesses with additional staffing needs. There is no cost to participating businesses or organizations.
Here are the key details:
– Internships can run up to 16 weeks.
– Interns work 20 hours a week.
– Companies or organizations can fill one or multiple job positions.
– No payroll or hiring necessary, reducing the HR burden on employers.
– Participants earn $15 per hour, can make up to $5,000 and receive a $200 stipend upon internship completion.
Young adult job seekers are connected to businesses that fit their interests and career goals. As of December 2021, more than 120 companies had expressed interest in the program, including small businesses and nonprofits hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Employers interested in hosting a paid intern can learn more here.