April 5, 2021Back
NEW! State launches fourth round of Working Washington small business grants
The Washington State Department of Commerce is now accepting applications its fourth round of Working Washington Grants for small businesses. The application portal for the COVID-19 emergency grants opened March 29. Applications will be accepted through until 5 pm on April 9.
Here are some of the criteria for this latest round of grants:
- Maximum grant award will be $25,000.
- Grants are not first come, first served. All applicants who meet eligibility requirements and apply during the open period will be considered.
- Grants must be equitably distributed statewide and to historically underserved and disadvantaged populations.
- Grants are aimed at for-profit small businesses in industries that have hard costs associated with their operations, and have faced the most significant challenges paying those hard costs due to COVID-19 closures. (Hard costs include rent, utilities, payroll, personal protective equipment, etc.)
- Eligible businesses must operate from a brick-and-mortar location separate from their home.
More information and a link to the application portal are available at commercegrants.com.