Puyallup School District launches Employer Workforce Development Program
The Puyallup School District Career and Technical Education (CTE) Department recently launched its new Employer Workforce Development Program and is ready to partner with local businesses.
The comprehensive program is designed to create a bridge from CTE classrooms to careers for graduating high school seniors.
Connecting employers with the future workforce
Career and Technical Education enables students to explore a range of career options and offers the academic, technical and employability skills they need to prepare for post-secondary opportunities – including further education and high-wage, high-skill and high-demand careers.
As part of its alliance with the Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County to support local workforce initiatives, the Puyallup School District CTE Department is seeking employer partners who would like to connect directly with career-pathway students and help drive curriculum and programming.
“The Workforce Development Program is an easy way to feed the pipeline of our future workforce and impact your current employment needs,” Puyallup School District CTE Assistant Director Chris Sieg said. “These partnerships also help develop young adults who are skilled, connected and innovative, and who will contribute to community and economic development.”
Here are a few ways you can be involved with the Workforce Development Program:
- Pathway Employer Partner. Program staff work with employers to direct hire from PHS CTE program pathways for long-term career development.
- Student Employer. Program staff recruit, prepare and schedule students for interviews with employer partners.
- Advisory Committee. Industry partners meet with teacher advisories twice annually to help guide curriculum and connect directly with teachers and students.
- Guest Presenter (in-person and virtual).
- Internships (paid and unpaid).
- Other opportunities, including job shadowing and workplace field trips/tours.
If you’re interested in being part of the Puyallup School District Workforce Development Program in any capacity, start here with the Employer Partner Form.
Learn more about Career and Technical Education and career pathways offered by the Puyallup School District here.